Tips & pointers for creating great marketing videos from podcast audio excerpts
“So What Makes a Compelling Wavve Marketing Video?”
+1 for Yann Ilunga. This was the question he posed to The Wavve Team during our recent interview on “The Podcast Lab” (set to launch in January 2017). Yann asked this question and we realized we hadn’t formally addressed it! Well, after all, our product has only been around for less than 2 months.
For those that are new to us, Wavve is a tool that turns your audio into custom-branded, animated marketing videos for social sharing. Wavve is ideal for promoting audio snippets from podcasts, radio shows, etc., or for recording audio on the spot so you can share a message with your followers via video. Our videos help you cut through the noise and get your audio more attention on social. Here is a sample:
After viewing over 150 videos created with Wavve, we have a pretty good idea on what makes a good one. Here are 5 guidelines to follow when picking that perfect segment and creating a video with Wavve:
- Keep it short. Attention spans on social media these days are minuscule. There is research that suggests that, thanks to social media, humans now have the attention span of a goldfish (which is about 8 seconds). The animated videos that Wavve creates will catch the eye of social feed scrollers… but you only have between 30–90 seconds to convert them to your podcast or webpage and turn them into a subscriber.
Fun Fact: 5% of online video viewers drop off after 1 minute. After 2 minutes, 60% of viewers have dropped from watching (Hyperfine Media).
2. Showcase your interviewees. Remember, you brought that guest on for a reason! They most likely had an interesting story that will catch people’s attention. Previewing interesting snippets from your podcast interview and tagging the interviewer on social along with the video is very effective. This kicks off social sharing and can drive more reach/engagement on social.
3. Pick a clip that gets to the point. You are always competing with thousands of other tweets/posts at any given moment so get to point quickly. Avoid clips with long musical intros, long pauses of silence, or a slow build up.
4. Most importantly: Have fun and tell a good story. Or at least begin telling a story in the short amount of time you have. Stories are the best way to relate with potential listeners and get them hooked on your content.
5. Try our new recording feature. Wavve now allows you to record audio on-the-spot and create animated marketing videos for sharing. Get creative and drop some 🔥 audio that quickly previews or recaps your episode.
Need some inspiration? Check out our Instagram account to see how other podcasters & digital audio creators are showcasing their best content through video. Here is one of our latest posts: