If you don’t have anything to say; don’t say anything!
This might seem like weird advice. It stems back to the old saying my mother used to say all the time “If you can’t say something nice; don’t say anything at all.”
Lately it seems that everywhere I turn all the influencers, social media gurus, and digital marketers are saying that you should be saying something. Facebook is running commercials touting the fact that you, yes you can have your own TV station on their platform. Just look into the camera and start broadcasting. It’s easy. Everyone is doing it. Just be yourself. Be authentic. Your tribe will find you.
That’s all well and good. You should step out of your comfort zone. Face your fears. Video is where things are headed. But, not everyone should be doing it. Not everyone has something to say.
Don’t Go Live if:
• You haven’t honed your craft
• You have nothing of value to share
• You cannot be succinct and precise
• You aren’t doing this as part of a well thought out strategy
• You haven’t looked into the ramifications for you and your company
Do Go Live if:
• You have a plan and this will add to your message
• This is just outside your comfort zone and fear is just holding you back
• You have your legal ducks in a row
It’s easy to get distracted by shiny. It’s also easy to work really hard. What’s hard is stepping back and doing the hard work of strategically planning out your business and figuring out what will truly work for you and your business so that when you invest your time, effort and money that you’re working on things that have impact on what matters most in your business and bring value to you and those you serve.
originally published at http://chrisellaloans.com/dont-say-anything/