Rework gives insight on how to improve your business, team, relationships, productivity, and work environment — and I highly recommend it. As a business owner, I feel that I can easily apply Jason and David’s perspectives to my company and where I want to fit in my market.
After reading this book, I know how to build better products, eliminate unnecessary tasks, save time, work with the right people, and I have a clearer vision of a business processes.
Here are my seven take aways:
- Find a faster way to get things done.
- Make something that you personally want to use.
- Focus on doing one thing right, not five things right.
- Problems can be solved with simple, mundane solutions.
- Meetings are toxic. If a meeting is obligatory (which they can be), end with a solution and make someone responsible for implementing it.
- Launch now. Stop imagining what’s going to work. Find out for real.
- Do the job you’re hiring for. Then you know what works and what to expect from your employee. You’ll know what a good job looks like and you’ll be a better manager.