Magento e-commerce platform is one of the most search-engine friendly software platforms on the internet. To improve your website traffic and visibility there are many options provided within Magento that a one can implement to improve your website keyword rankings and visibility in search engines (Google, Yahoo & Bing etc.. ). We have compiled a set of easy to follow tips for optimizing Search Engine Optimization (SEO) in Magento e-commerce, to make sure customers find your store and find the right pages in your store when they are searching for items.
These Tips Require Knowledge of the Magento Admin panel.
- On-Page Search Engine Optimization (SEO) is very important for your website to rank properly in search engines like Google, Bing & Yahoo. In the Magento admin panel “Search Engine Optimization” menu, set the “Server URL Rewrites” option to “Yes” to remove “index.php” from your URLs and generate more search engine friendly and readable URLs.
- Go to System >> Configuration >> Design >> HTML Heads.
Change the “Default Robots” setting to “INDEX, FOLLOW” so that search engines can index your website and show it in search results.
- To help Google index your site, generate a Google Sitemap automatically : System >> Configuration >> Google Sitemap.
- Add a “Google Webmaster Tools verification tag” in Magento: System >> Configuration >> Design >> HTML Heads .
Put your “Google Webmaster Tools verification tag” in the “Miscellaneous Scripts”
- Enable “Google Analytics” by going to this path: System >> Configuration >> Google API. Set “Enable option” to “Yes” and type your Account Number in the box
- Ensure that you site is available to search engines by with a “robots.txt” file containing instructions that direct search engines to the URLs you want to appear in search engine results
- Write good descriptions for your new categories, products, and pages that include several words, so that search engines can accurately reveal those pages when potential customers shop for related ideas or items.
- Use descriptive names for your images, as well as the “title” and “alt tag” for the given image. In e-commerce site such practice ensure that products are tagged under proper names.
- Avoid duplications in URLs,: System => Configuration => Catalog => Search Engine Optimization, and set “Use Categories Path for Product URLs” to “No”
- In the “Search Engine Optimization” menu, set the “Server URL Rewrites” option to “Yes” to remove “index.php” from your URLs and generate more search engine friendly and readable URLs.
Many other aspects of Google rich snippets , authorship are important to improve your Click Thru Rates (CTRs) for your website.
For Finding Us:
Website Development Company Bangalore | Website Development Bangalore | Web Designers Bangalore | Top Web Design Company in Bangalore