8 Things Holding You Back From Winning
1. Comparison — the greatest way to doubt ourselves is by comparison to others. When we compare ourselves to others we are neglecting that which makes us unique — which is our superpower. The world already has a Beyoncé, a Tony Robbins, a Gary Vee — being unique and authentic is how we win.
2. Excuses — they only sound best to those making them. When we make excuses for why we don’t have the life we dream of we are only justifying why we will never have it. Putting in the work is the way we bring our dreams into reality.
3. Complaining — the worst use of our time. If we have the time to complain we have the time to change our situation. If someone else is worse off than we are, we have no right to complain. Of course, we all face our challenges, but if we have a functioning body and internet access we are more privileged than most.
4. Distractions — are we focused on our goals? Many of us aren’t winning because we aren’t putting in enough time into what we want to achieve. Removing distractions from our lives is essential if we want to create the reality we dream of — a great place to start is to stop watching TV.
5. Doubt — we need to believe in ourselves. There’s no “if it works out” when we believe in ourselves because we know that with time and hard work we will manifest our heart’s desires. Everything great that has ever been achieved began with the belief that it could be done.
6. Fear — everything we want is on the other side of fear. The unknown is scary, hence why many of us choose to live in our comfort zones where there are no surprises. Indeed, they may be safe, but no growth occurs in comfort zones and without growth we cannot create the life we want.
7. Knowledge — success leaves clues. We all have aspirations but not knowing where to start cripples many of us, this is why it’s important to study the habits of those who have already accomplished what we aspire to achieve. There are thousands of books, podcasts, videos & blogs we can use to create our success.
8. Pride — caring what others think. There is no such thing as failing because we either win or we learn. Others will project their judgements onto us throughout our entire lives, regardless of where we are in our journeys, it’s important to recognise that the only opinion that matters is our own.
Don’t watch the clock, do what it does and keep going.
Peace & positive vibes.
#MondayMotivation was originally published in Spoon of Consciousness on Medium, where people are continuing the conversation by highlighting and responding to this story.