Dailymotion is a video streaming website similar to Youtube. It allows users to upload their own videos as well as watch material made available by other users. Although it’s not as popular as Youtube, many do use Dailymotion to get their daily video fix. Some of the videos available on Dailymotion might also not be available on Youtube. With all that in mind, follow the instructions below to install Dailymotion Kodi addon on your PC, Mac, FireStick, Raspberry Pi, or Android.
How to Install Dailymotion on Kodi
The Dailymotion Kodi addon can be found in the official Kodi Add-on repository. This makes setting it up fairly easy. For those of you who have never installed addons on Kodi, here’s how it’s done:
- Launch your Kodi app and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select Dailymotion.com from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> Dailmotion.
Unblock More Content on Kodi with VPN
Depending on which region you’re currently accessing Kodi from, some official Kodi video addons might either partially or completely not work for you. This is due to georestrictions imposed on such plugins. To bypass regional geoblocks and access the Internet freely, you need to use VPN. You can find some of the extra features you get out of using VPN with Kodi in the list below.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017.
How to Install Dailymotion on Kodi 17 Krypton – Wrap Up
Dailymotion attracts over 300 million users from around the world, who watch 3.5 billion videos on its player each month. In case you want to add Dailymotion to your Kodi video addons, all you have to do is follow the steps listed above.