Is it possible to install Hola on Amazon Fire TV or FireStick? Many Fire Stick owners are aware of the geo-restrictions that prevent them from watching their favorite channels on their streaming device while traveling abroad. Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and BBC are only some examples of channels that are geoblocked. That’s why many of them revert to using VPN to bypass these regional restrictions. Hola is one of the many VPNs used for that purpose. But is installing Hola on FireStick actually feasible?
How to Install Hola on Fire Stick
According to Hola, their VPN apps mainly work on Windows PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices. There is no mention of Amazon Fire Stick. Therefore, Hola is not compatible with Fire TV Sticks. Many other VPN service providers also don’t offer application for FireSticks. This includes ExpressVPN, NordVPN, PureVPN as well as VyprVPN.
In order to setup a VPN connection on your second-generation Fire TV Stick, you have to sign up with a VPN that offer compatible VPN apps. IPVanish and BulletVPN are prime examples.
How to Install VPN on FireStick – Step By Step Guide
As mentioned above, you first need to sign up with the likes of BulletVPN or IPVanish in order to setup VPN on your FireStick. Here’s how it’s done.
- First head over to IPVanish and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the IPVanish VPN app.
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your IPVanish Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
- Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
How to Install Hola VPN on Fire Stick – Final Thoughts
In case you’re using Hola on any of your devices, we advise you to look for alternative VPN service providers. Hola are notorious for selling their users’ bandwidth and using their service won’t allow you to unblock most of the major streaming services anyway.