Can I setup Hotspot Shield on FireStick? The Amazon Fire TV and FireStick are two great streaming devices. You can watch your favorite channels, movies, and TV shows using them. Using VPN allows you to stream content on apps like Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu, and Kodi securely on your second generation FireStick. While some VPNs work on a Fire TV Stick, others simply. Does Hotspot Shield work on an Amazon FireStick. Read the guide below to find out.
How to Install Hola on Fire Stick
According to the Hotspot Shield website, their VPN apps mainly work on Windows PC, Mac, Android and iOS devices. There is no mention of Amazon Fire Stick. Therefore, we can safely assume that Hotspot Shield is not compatible with Fire TV Sticks. Many other VPNs also don’t officially support the FireStick. The list includes ExpressVPN, NordVPN, PureVPN as well as VyprVPN.
In order to setup a VPN connection on your second-generation Fire TV Stick, you have to sign up with a VPN that offer compatible VPN apps. IPVanish and BulletVPN are prime examples.
How to Install VPN on FireStick – Step By Step Guide
As mentioned above, you first need to sign up with the likes of BulletVPN or IPVanish in order to setup VPN on your FireStick. Here’s how it’s done.
- First head over to IPVanish and register your VPN account.
- Launch your Fire Stick or Amazon Fire TV.
- Go to ‘Apps’ at the top of your home screen.
- Now select ‘Categories’ -> ‘Utility’.
- Choose the IPVanish VPN app.
- Next, Select the ‘Get’ button to download the app.
- Once it has downloaded and installed, choose ‘Open’.
- Then, sign into the VPN app using your IPVanish Username and Password.
- Finally, choose the VPN server location you wish to connect to.
- Once the VPN connection has been established, simply click the home button on your Fire Stick remote control.
How to Install Hotspot Shield on FireStick – Final Thoughts
All in all, Hotspot Shield is not a VPN that we would usually recommend, regardless on which device you intend to use it. They have been found to sell their users data to third-party advertisers. Not to mention the fact that using their servers slows down your Internet connection. If you’re looking for a VPN to use on your FireStick, either sign up with IPVanish or BulletVPN.