How to setup Kodi 17.6 on Matricom G-Box Q2. The Matricom G-Box is one of the most popular Android TV Boxes money can buy. It allows you to bring various streaming apps to your TV. Kodi is a multimedia app that many Android TV Box owners install on their streaming devices. In the tutorial below, you can find instructions on how to install Kodi on Matricom G-Box Q2.
Install Kodi on Matricom G-Box Q2 (Kypton 17.6 Version)
There are two ways you can install Kodi on your Matricom streaming box. The first one involves Google Play Store while the second requires you to use the ES File Explorer app. Choose your preferred Krypton 17 installation method below.
How to Install Kodi on Matricom G-Box Q2 using Google Play Store
If you have Google Play Store installed on your Matricom G-Box Q2, setting up Kodi can be done in a couple of minutes. Follow these steps.
- Launch your Android TV Box and open Google Play Store.
- Search for the ‘Kodi’ app and click on it.
- Download and Install Kodi on your Matricom G-Box Q2.
- Either click on ‘Open’ once the installation process is complete or go back to your Matricom G-Box Q2 homepage and launch the Kodi app.
How to Install Kodi on Matricom G-Box Q2 with ES File Explorer
If you do not have access to Google Play Store on your Android TV Box for some reason, you can alternatively use the ES Explorer app to download Kodi 17. Follow these instructions.
- On your Android TV box, go to ‘Settings’ -> ‘System’ -> ‘Developer Options.’
- Turn on ‘Allow apps from unknown sources.’
- Now, Launch the ES Explorer app.
- From the ES Explorer menu, go to ‘Tools’ -> ‘Download Manager’ in the left-hand menu.
- Click on ‘+ New’ from the bottom menu.
- For ‘Path’, type https://thevpn.guru/kodi.apk and click ‘OK’.
- For ‘Name’, input ‘Kodi’.
- Select ‘Download Now’
- The Kodi installation file will now begin to download.
- Once the Kodi apk file is downloaded, click on ‘Open file’ to install it on your Matricom G-Box Q2.
- Go back to your Matricom G-Box Q2 home screen.
- Launch the Kodi app.
How to Install Kodi Addons on Matricom G-Box Q2
Here’s how you can install official Kodi addons on any Matricom G-Box Q2.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons.
- Click on any video addon you wish to add -> Install.
- Wait until you see Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install will appear here.
How to Hide IP Address on Matricom G-Box Q2
Using VPN to mask your IP address on your Android TV Box has several benefits.
- You get to change your Google Play Store region with VPN. Thus, you can download official Android apps which are not available in your region.
- VPN also allows you to unblock geo-restricted channels on Android TV Boxes. Watch BBC iPlayer, Hulu, HBO GO, ITV, Discovery, ESPN, Fox Sports, NBC, Hotstar, and many more.
- You get to download torrents anonymously to your Android TV Box.
- All your Kodi streaming activities cannot be traced back to your ISP.
- Hiding your IP on Android TV box is crucial, especially if you live in a country where Kodi pre-loaded boxes can be considered illegal.
In order to install a VPN app on your Android TV, follow this guide. I’ve tested IPVanish‘s app on my Android streaming box and it works flawlessly. Take a look at the best VPNs for Matricom G-Box Q2.
How to Install Kodi 17.6 on Matricom G-Box Q2 – Wrap Up
There’s no doubt that the Matricom is a top Android TV Box. Adding Kodi and a proper VPN app to it can even make it better. If you have any questions, or need help while setting up Kodi on Matricom G-Box, feel free to drop a comment below.