How to download and install Kodi on Xbox One? Kodi 18 Leia has been officially launched on the Xbox One. That means that XBMC enthusiasts can now watch movies, TV shows, and live channels on their Xbox One devices. Setting up Kodi on Xbox is pretty easy as well. Simply follow the instructions below to install Kodi 18.0 Alpha1 on your Xbox One gaming console.
How to Install Kodi on Xbox One
Install Kodi on Xbox One does not differ much from setting up any other application on the popular gaming platform. The latest Kodi Kodi 18.0 Alpha1 version is being rolled out on a region-by-region basis. If you cannot find Kodi in the Xbox One Store yet, simply follow these steps to change your Xbox One region. Here’s how to install Kodi on Xbox One:
- Launch Xbox One console.
- Next, open the Xbox One Store.
- Type in “Kodi” in the search box and hit the search button.
- Now select the Kodi icon and then select install.
- The Xbox One Kodi download and installation process will now begin.
- Once the Kodi app is succefully installed on your Xbox One, launch it.
How to Install Kodi Video Addons on Xbox One
Now that you have installed Kodi on your Xbox One, it’s time to add your first video plugin to it. The official Kodi add-on repository has plenty of video addons you should try out. Follow these steps to install Kodi addons on Xbox One:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Add-ons
- Click on any video addon you wish to add -> Install.
- Wait until you see Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install will appear here.
Best VPN for Kodi
Kodi addons such as UFC Fight Pass, BBC iPlayer, ITV, Netflix, and USTVNow are geo-restricted. That means you can only access them in certain countries. To bypass these geoblocks, you need to spoof your online location. VPN allows you to do just that. Here are some of the features you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018.
How to Install Kodi on Xbox One – Final Thoughts
The arrival of Kodi to Microsoft’s Xbox One is great news for gamers who wish to add an excellent multimedia platforms to their gaming console. Have you tried the Kodi app on your Xbox device yet? What do you think of it? Share your thoughts below.