Is it possible to download and install a PlayOn Kodi addon on PC, Mac, OSMC, FireStick, Nvidia Shield, or Android device? PlayOn is a great tool for those who wish to access all their different streaming subscription from one place. It makes the streaming experience that much more pleasant. With Kodi being one of the most popular multimedia players around, you would naturally want to combine PlayOn and Kodi together. In the guide below, you can find instructions on how to enable PlayOn on Kodi 17 Krypton and Kodi 18 Leia.
Installing the PlayOn Kodi Addon
The PlayOn Browser can be found in the official Kodi repository. That means that there’s no need to install any third-party repos that might contain illegal or malicious software. Keep in mind that you will need a valid PlayOn subscription in order to complete the installation process. In case you don’t have one, you can sign up for a free 7-day trial. The whole setup process is straightforward, too. Follow these steps to install PlayOn on Kodi from any device:
- First of all, download and install the PlayOn client on your desktop if you haven’t done so already.
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository.
- Click on PlayOn Browser-> Install.
- Wait until you see the PlayOn Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi home screen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left-hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including PlayOn Browser, will appear here.
- Launch the PlayOn Kodi addon and visit ‘m.playon.tv’ to finish the setup process.
Alternatively, you could download the official PlayOn add-on from here, and then set it up by clicking on ‘Install from Zip File’ instead of ‘Install from repository’.
Best VPN for Kodi
Most streaming channels, including Netflix, BBC, Hulu, and the likes, only work in certain regions such as the USA, UK, or Canada. To bypass these regional restrictions and watch live and on-demand content on any Kodi plugin you want anywhere you want, you have to spoof your location online using VPN. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi add-ons, such as PlayOn, SRF, iPlayer, USTVNow, TV Land, and CBC, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to set up a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps for PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, ExpressVPN are the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
Last Updated Yesterday
PlayOn Kodi Addon – Wrap Up
The PlayOn Browser is continously being updated. That means it will only get better with time. For Kodi users who have a PlayOn subscription, this plugin simply is a must. Have you tried downloading the PlayOn Kodi addon on your streaming device? Share your thoughts and experience in the comment section below.