How to install the Sky News addon on Kodi 18 Leia or Kodi 17 Krypton? When it comes to news channels, there are few better than Sky News. In the United Kingdom, Sky News is the most popular news outlet along with BBC News. Naturally for Kodi users who are into politics, economics, and sports events in the UK and the rest of the world, adding a Sky News Kodi addon to their Amazon FireStick, Raspberry Pi, Android, Xbox One, PC, or Mac would be pretty useful. That’s why we have prepared the guide below. Learn how to setup Sky News on Kodi by following the instructions below.
How to Install Sky News on Kodi
The Sky News plugin can be found in the official Kodi repository. That means you do not need to add any third-party repositories in order to install it. Simply follow these steps.
- Open Kodi and click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, click on the Package Installer Icon in the top-left corner.
- Now select ‘Install from Repository’.
- Choose the Kodi Add-on Repository and then click on ‘Video Addons’.
- Select Sky News from the list and then select ‘Install’.
- Wait for the ‘Addon Enabled notification’ and then go back to your Kodi homescreen.
- Click on Addons -> Video Addons -> Sky News.
- You have successfully installed Sky News on Kodi.
Keep in mind that most of the on-demand and live videos on Sky News are geo-restricted. That means that if you’re a British expat living abroad, you will need VPN in order to unblock Sky News outside UK.
Unblock More Content on Kodi – Use VPN
Kodi addons such as Sky News, BBC iPlayer, ITV, are geo-restricted. That means you can only access them in certain countries. To bypass these geoblocks, you need to spoof your online location. VPN allows you to do just that. Here are some of the features you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2018 below.
How to Install and Watch Sky News on Kodi – Wrap Up
That’s all you need to know about how to setup the Sky News addon on Kodi. While it’s definitely one of the top news plugins for XBMC, it is not the only one. Take a look at the best news addons for Kodi here.