How to install Spotify on Kodi? Spotify is one of the world’s best music streaming services. Kodi on the other hand is a great multimedia player. Naturally, if you’re a music lover and use Kodi a lot, you’d be looking for a way to combine the two together. While there currently is no official Kodi plugin you can use for that purpose, there’s an unofficial addon that you can use instead. Read the guide below for more info on how to install Spotify Kodi addon on your PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi or Amazon Fire Stick.
How to Install Spotify on Kodi 17 Krypton
Use the following instructions to setup Spotify on Kodi. Please note that you will need a premium Spotify account in order to configure the addon. Free Spotify accounts will not work. Additionally, you might not be able to use the Spotify addon if you live in a region where Spotify currently is unavailable. To bypass geographic restrictions imposed on various Kodi addons, you will need to use VPN.
- First of all, you need to download the Marcelveldt Repository zip file from here.
- Once that is done, launch your Kodi application.
- click on the Settings Icon in the top left corner.
- Then, go to System Settings -> Expert Mode -> Addons.
- Make sure to turn on ‘Unknown Sources.’ Otherwise, you will not be able to install third-party add-ons.
- When the warning box pops up, click ‘Yes’.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen, and click on the Package Installer Icon at the top left corner.
- Choose ‘Install from Zip file’ and locate the Zip file you had downloaded earlier. It should be called repository.marcelveldt-1.0.1.zip.
- Wait until you see the add-on enabled notification.
- Now, select Install from repository.
- Choose Macelveldt’s Beta Repository -> Music Addons.
- Select Spotify and install it.
- From the Kodi home screen, ‘Addons’ -> Music -> Spotify.
The first time you run the Spotify addon, you will be asked to insert your premium Spotify account credentials.
Best VPN for Kodi
Depending on your current country of residence, some Kodi addons might be geoblocked. To bypass these geo-restrictions, you need to use VPN with Kodi. Here are some of the benefits you get out of using VPN.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
I’d definitely recommend using IPVanish with Kodi, given that they have optimized their apps to work as smooth as possible with Kodi addons. They also have a 7-day refund policy just in case you’re not overly convinced. Here’s my list of the best VPNs to use with Kodi in 2017.
How to Install Spotify on Kodi – Wrap Up
When it comes to music streaming, there’s no doubt that Spotify is one of the world’s best online services. Thanks to the unofficial plugin, you can combine Spotify and Kodi without much effort. Have you tried the Spotify Kodi addon? Did work for you? Share your experience below.