Vevo is a streaming service that allows users to watch the best music videos online. If you’re into hip-hop, pop, metal, or rock music the Vevo Kodi addon is a must-have. It probably is the best plugin you can use to watch music videos on your PC, Mac, Android, or Amazon FireStick via the Kodi app. With all that in mind, here’s how you can install Vevo on Kodi 17 Krypton.
How to Install Vevo on Kodi 17 Krypton
Before we go into details on how to setup the Vevo plugin on Kodi, you will need a Vevo account in order to sign into the addon. Otherwise you won’t be able to watch any music videos. So, if you don’t have a Vevo account, head over to the official Vevo website and sign up. Once you’ve done that, follow the instructions below to install Vevo on Kodi 17 Krypton.
- Launch your Kodi app
- From the left-hand column, click on ‘Addons’.
- From there, select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Scroll all the way down and click on Vevo
- On the next screen, select ‘Install’.
- Wait until you see the Vevo Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Vevo, will appear here.
- Right-click on the Vevo addon and select ‘Settings’.
- Enter your Vevo account credentials and press ‘OK’.
- Launch the Vevo addon and enjoy your favorite music videos.
Please note that Vevo is only available in Australia, Brazil, Canada, France, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Mexico, the Netherlands, New Zealand, Poland, Spain, the United Kingdom, and the United States. That means that the Vevo Kodi plugin will not function properly if you try to use it outside these countries. Additionally, music video library available on Vevo in the USA is much larger than other regions. To bypass these regional restrictions and access Vevo as if you’re in the US, you need to use VPN.
Best VPN for Kodi
The Vevo Kodi addon, similarly to many other official Kodi addons, is geo-restricted. That means you need to spoof your online location to watch music videos on Vevo outside USA. Using VPN is the best way to hide your geo-location and bypass regional restrictions. Below are some of the benefits you get when using VPN with Kodi.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons, such as USTVNow, that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our reviewed list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017 below.
How to Install Vevo on Kodi 17 Krypton – Wrap Up
As far as official Kodi plugins are concerned, the Vevo addon is one of the best you can use to watch top music videos on your PC, Mac, Android, or FireStick. The only downside is that Vevo is geo-restricted. However, using VPN should allow you to bypass those annoying regional blocks.