Vimeo is a video-sharing website in which users can upload, share and view videos. It falls in the same category as Youtube and Dailymotion. Due to the fact Vimeo is a one of the biggest video-sharing websites of the world, many Kodi users look for ways to add the channel to their video plugins. Therefore, we have put together the tutorial below. Learn how to install the Vimeo Kodi addon on FireStick, PC, Mac, Android, Raspberry Pi or any other device you might have installed the XBMC app on.
How to Install Vimeo on Kodi
Setting up the Vimeo Kodi addon is very easy. There’s no need to for third-party repositories due the fact there is an Vimeo plugin you can install directly from the official Kodi addon repo. Follow these instructions:
- Launch your Kodi app and head to ‘Addons’.
- Select the Package Installer Icon in the top left corner.
- From there, click on ‘Install from Repository’ -> Kodi Add-on Repository -> Video Addons.
- Click on Vimeo -> Install.
- Wait until you see the Vimeo Addon Enabled notification.
- Now go back to the Kodi homescreen and select the ‘Addons’ tab from the left hand column.
- Click on Video Addons.
- All the video addons you install, including Vimeo, will appear here.
- If you have created an account on the official Vimeo website, you can use it to sign into the Vimeo plugin as well.
Use VPN to Unblock More Content on Kodi
Due to geo-restrictions and ISP blocks, some Kodi video addons might either partially or completely not work for you. You can use VPN, or a virtual private network to avoid geoblocks and access the Internet freely. Take a look at some of the extra features you get out of using VPN with Kodi in the list below.
- Unblock Geo-restricted Kodi Add-ons: There are a lot of Kodi addons that you can only use in certain regions. With VPN you can bypass regional restrictions.
- Bypass ISP Throttling: Ever noticed that your Internet speed is decent if you are browsing websites but suddenly drops when you are watching videos online? If that is the case, your ISP is probably throttling your Internet speed. Using VPN basically allows you to avoid that from happening.
- Ultimate Privacy: Add an extra layer of privacy and security to all your online activities.
- VPN Applications: You don’t have to be a tech-freak to setup a VPN connection thanks to user-friendly VPN apps on PC, Mac, Android, iOS, and FireStick.
From personal experience, IPVanish is the best VPN service you can use with Kodi. They have optimized their VPN apps to work better with Kodi add-ons and have a no-logs policy. Check out our list of the best Kodi VPNs in 2017.
How to Install Vimeo on Kodi 17 Krypton
Vimeo is known for its ability to allow users to explore incredible shorts, films, and series on Staff Picks, hand-selected each day for endless inspiration. Thanks to the official Kodi addon, you can bring that experience to your Android, Amazon Fire Stick, PC, or any other device you have installed Kodi 17 Krypton on.