Seinfeld, Family Guy, Saturday Night Live, and Resident Advisors; these are only some of the popular shows that you can get to enjoy on Hulu, one of the world’s most popular online content streaming service. One issue that may frustrate you a little bit is the fact that the service is geo-restricted. This means that not everyone who wants to use it outside the USA will be able to do so. A Hulu user in Saudi Arabia, for example, might get an error message that reads “Sorry, currently our video library can only be watched from within the United States”. In this case, you have two options to consider: subscribing to either a Smart DNS provider or a VPN service to unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia.
Note: If you aren’t familiar with how these two concepts work, you’ll get to learn a lot more about them by the time you’re done reading this help guide. If you’re well aware of these two solutions, simply go ahead and subscribe to ExpressVPN for VPN, or Unlocator for Smart DNS.
How to Unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia via VPN
VPN is a simple tool that you can use to unblock geo-restricted sites such as Hulu outside the United States. All it does is spoof your location by switching your IP address from your actual one to another that shows you’re accessing your sites and channels from within their country of origin. Here are some more details about what to expect:
- With VPN, all your online activities are protected through encryption.
- Once you configure your connection, you get to choose what server you want to connect to and unblock all the geo-restricted channels in the country where that server is based. For example, connecting to an American server allows you to unblock Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime, and HBO GO in Saudi Arabia.
- If you happen to own an iPhone, Mac, PC, iPad, Amazon Fire TV or Android, you can download and install the VPN app on these devices in a matter of minutes.
- In case you want to unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia on your Apple TV, Chromecast, Roku, Xbox One, PS4 or PS3, you’d need to look for a router that is VPN ready. Once you get one, turn on VPN, then share your connection across all your streaming devices.
- VPN enables you to bypass Transparent proxies and DNS hijacking.
ExpressVPN are as good as it gets when it comes to VPN service providers. They offer their users VPN apps compatible with various streaming services and also have a 30-day money-back guarantee. Other providers that will also get you to unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia include:
How to Watch Hulu in Saudi Arabia via Smart DNS
Bypassing channel restrictions is also possible by using Smart DNS proxies. Smart DNS works by rerouting the bit of your Internet traffic that is responsible for revealing your location. That way, the channels and sites you access assume that you’re accessing their site from somewhere within where they’re located. All other websites will be left unaffected. Here are even more reasons why you should get Smart DNS:
- Your Internet speed doesn’t get compromised with Smart DNS. That means you’ll continue enjoying the same High Definition viewing that you’re already used to.
- Smart DNS will allow you to unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia regardless of the streaming device that you’re using. A Mac, PC, Chromecast, PS3/PS4, Smart TV or Xbox will all work well with your Smart DNS connection.
- With Smart DNS, you’ll be able to bypass all the location sensitive restrictions imposed on channels from various countries, all at once. This means having channels like CBC Canada, Hulu Plus and BBC iPlayer all streaming at the same time.
- The presence of Transparent Proxies or DNS Hijacking might render your Smart DNS setup useless.
Unlocator is a Smart DNS provider that supports unblocking 220 channels from around the world including Hulu, HBO GO, and Amazon Prime. If you sign up for their 7-day free trial version, you’ll get to test them out and see if they’re worth your subscription.
Closing Thoughts on Unblocking Hulu in Saudi Arabia – Smart DNS or VPN?
The truth about these services is that both work well. You can unblock Hulu in Saudi Arabia through either Smart DNS and VPN. Whichever method you’ll choose boils down to you and your list of preferences. Feel free to leave a comment in the section below about how well your choice worked out for you. We’ll be more than happy to respond.